The Eagle River Presbyterian Church is a beautiful setting for a wedding. The Church is located on a quiet street at the end of a cul de sac on in Avon. Our newly renovated church rests on the banks of the Eagle River.
Whether you live in the Vail Valley or are planning your wedding from long-distance, the Eagle River Presbyterian Church provides a fabulous location for your special day!
The first step in reserving the Church for your wedding is to contact Amy Archer, ERPC Office Manager. You can either Email: [email protected] call 970. 748.0040. In addition, you will be asked to fill out a "Wedding Information" form.
When you have selected your wedding/rehearsal dates and times, contact the ERPC office, 970-748-0040 or [email protected], and the Church Office Manager will assist you with your booking. When ERPC has received your signed copy of the Church Rental Agreement, Wedding Information Sheet, and your payment for the Administrative Fee, your reservation will be official. All events will be subject to the terms of the Church Rental Agreement between the person(s) sponsoring the event (the “Lessee”) and ERPC (“Lessor”).
All weddings include a rehearsal time of one hour, to be scheduled at a time convenient for both you and Pastor Rob. You will need to book your rehearsal when you call to book your wedding. Pastor Rob Wilson requires preparation sessions with you and your fiancé prior to the ceremony. Please contact him at 970-748-0040, or via email [email protected] Three hours are allotted for the Wedding Party arrival and dressing, guest arrival, wedding ceremony, wedding photos and departure. Additional hours are negotiable, at an additional cost.
The earliest a wedding can be booked is one year in advance. For example, July 2015 can only be booked as early as July 2014. Additionally, ERPC requires that weddings be booked at least one month in advance.
Church Usage Fees: The Church Usage Fee is due 30 days prior to your wedding date. Please make check payable to Eagle River Presbyterian Church, note the Bride and Groom’s last name in the memo section and mail it to P.O. Box 4660, Avon, CO 81620.
Sanctuary for Wedding Rehearsal and Ceremony: $800.00 for Non-Members
Fellowship Hall & Lawn for a Rehearsal Dinner and/or Reception:$600.00
Refundable Damage Deposit (to be returned after the wedding): $300.00 (separate fee)
Your reservation will not be official until ERPC receives your signed copy of the Church Rental Agreement, your Wedding Information Sheet and your payment for the Administrative Fee.
Non-Refundable Deposit: The Non-Refundable Deposit of $200.00 is due within two weeks of booking your wedding, and will be applied to the Church Usage Fee. Make your check payable to Eagle River Presbyterian Church and note the Bride & Groom’s last names in the memo section. Please mail the check to P.O. Box 4660, Avon, CO 81620.
Pastor’s Honorarium: The Pastor’s Honorarium of $500.00 is due within two weeks of booking your wedding. The Honorarium covers the services of the ERPC Pastor: Consultation, Rehearsal & Wedding. Make this check payable to Rob Wilson. Please mail the check to P.O Box 4660, Avon, CO 81620, or deliver it to the Pastor in person.
Prepare/Enrich Inventory: The $35.00 Prepare/Enrich Inventory Fee is due at your first appointment with the Pastor. Please make your check payable to Rob Wilson and arrangements for payment to the Pastor.
The Sanctuary seats 282; the Balcony seats 16
Seats can be added to increase Sanctuary seating to 322; the Balcony to 20
Should you wish to cancel your wedding, written notice must be received 30 days prior to the wedding date. The initial Deposit is non-refundable. All other fees may or may not be refunded, at the discretion of Pastor Rob.
A Colorado Marriage License is required if you are going to be married in Colorado. You can contact any Colorado County Clerk and Recorder. The Eagle County Clerk and Recorder’s number is 970-328-8710.
Choosing A Date & Time
Due to observances of holiday, Sunday services, and special events, the availability of the church, Pastor Wilson and the Wedding Steward may be available:
- Sundays: After 1:00 pm and before 4 p.m.
- Christmas Eve: Before 1:00 pm
- Dates not listed above may be unavailable due to church events or scheduling conflicts. The Church Office Manager will address conflicts upon booking your Wedding Date.
- Please note that ERPC enhances the sanctuary and fellowship hall with seasonal decorations. It is the responsibility of the Wedding party to inquire whether or not the decorations will affect their events; if it is possible to remove them; and, if so, what fees are associated with their removal.
The Wedding Steward will be available to help facilitate the use of the Church facilities: unlocking the church, approving food & beverage service, scheduling cleanup, scheduling (if required) an audio/visual technician, and locking up the church. A damage deposit of $300 is required and is fully refundable, less any damage that may occur.
The one-hour rehearsal may be scheduled in consultation with Pastor Rob and the Church Office Manager. Please be sure your entire Wedding Party is present and ready to begin at the appointed time, including immediate family members of the Bride & Groom.
Premarital Preparation Requirements
ERPC strongly believes that healthy marriages start with a good foundation and understanding of the issues married couples face. We consider premarital preparation to be an essential part of achieving a healthy marriage. Therefore, couples must complete a preparation session with Pastor Rob prior to the wedding date. Please contact him at the church office – 970-748-0040 or via his email [email protected] to schedule the session. Sessions can also be scheduled via Skype for Brides & Grooms out of town.
Role of the Wedding Coordinator
- Communicates with the Bride & Groom.
- Will coordinate all activities between ERPC and the couple. Such activities include, but are not limited to, unlocking the church, scheduling cleanup, scheduling (if required) an audio/visual technician, approve vendors, conduct a tour of the church facilities, show the Bride and Groom where they can get ready before the ceremony, and locking up the church.
- Ensures that ERPC wedding policies and guidelines are understood and followed by the couple, Wedding Party, family members and vendors. Involved parties and vendors must agree at the outset of planning to adhere to all ERPC policies.
Role of the Wedding Steward
- Coordinates Wedding Party the day of the Wedding.
- Ensures that ERPC wedding policies and guidelines are followed by the couple, Wedding Party, family members and vendors.
- Will be available the day of the Wedding to unlock the church, oversee set up and cleanup of all facilities, monitor activities during the preparation, ceremony, and/or reception, receives and directs vendor deliveries and set up, and locks up the church upon leaving.
Flower & Decoration Guidelines You are welcome to decorate the facilities for your wedding. We ask that flowers and decorations be appropriate to the occasion and tastefully appointed. The couple is responsible for communicating the following guidelines to the Wedding Party and vendors.
- Nothing may be scattered or dropped inside or outside the church, such as rice, birdseed, and/or staining petals. Flower Girl flowers are acceptable, provided the petals are non-staining.
- Wax candles are allowed only on the communion table. A table cloth is required to protect the table. No candles are allowed in the aisle or windowsills.
- If plants are moved, they must be returned to their original place. Under no circumstances should the piano be moved, or anything placed on top of the piano. The cover may be removed for pictures and the ceremony.
- Nothing may be attached to the walls. Pew decorations may be tied, draped, or taped; not thumb tacked, nailed or glued. Affixing decorations to the pew that will scratch, damage or leave a residue of film, may not be done.
- Absolutely no food, drink, or alcoholic beverages are allowed in the Sanctuary. Other areas of the church are allowed for pre-approved alcoholic beverages. (see Alcoholic Beverages Guidelines below)
- Ritual sacraments are allowed at the discretion of the Pastor.
- Eagle River Presbyterian Church is a non-smoking facility.
- Glitter is not allowed on floral arrangement, bouquets, wedding attire or shoes. Please inform your florist.
- Greenery, such as foxtail, tree fern and/or any flowers prone to shedding easily, is not to be used.
- An item not already mentioned in these Details & Guidelines that the Wedding Party wishes to bring into the Sanctuary or Fellowship Hall must be approved by the Wedding Steward.
- ERPC must approve all outside food & beverage service.
If used, your Ushers play a very important part in the wedding and help set the tone for the whole event. The Ushers are the hosts for the Bride and Groom and their families. The couple designates a “Head Usher” to be in charge. Usually this is someone who knows the Bride and Groom’s family members.
Due to the active scheduling of our church, please check with the Wedding Coordinator to confirm the time that the florist, bridal shop or vendors may decorate or make deliveries. Dresses, flowers and decorations may be delivered to the church on the day of the wedding; however, they are considered to be the responsibility of the wedding couple/party.
Photography & Videography Guidelines
Video and/or still photography is encouraged to capture your wedding. Sensitivity to the occasion is essential, and we encourage the photographer to consult with Pastor Rob before the ceremony. In addition, the placement of cameras should be limited to designated and unobtrusive locations. Formal wedding photographs may be taken before or after the ceremony. Professional videography is permitted, with the camera placed in the balcony of the Sanctuary.
ERPC offers facilities for the Wedding Party to dress and prepare for the ceremony. A Bride’s room is available, complete with restrooms, mirrors, tables and chairs, in a fitting environment to the occasion. Several rooms are available for the Groom and his attendants to dress and prepare. We encourage you to secure all valuables left in these rooms. ERPC is not responsible for valuables left in the Bride’s room or other dressing rooms.
The wedding couple should appoint someone to be responsible for any wedding gifts brought to the church. Please arrange for gifts to be delivered to the family after the ceremony or reception. ERPC is not responsible for gifts left at the church.
ERPC is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is only permitted in the parking lots.
Alcoholic Beverages Guidelines
Pre-Approved alcoholic beverages are allowed. Requests for alcoholic beverages need to be received two months prior to the Wedding Date, through the Wedding Coordinator. TIPS trained bartenders are required to serve alcohol. The Church Rental Agreement will include a clause that the Bride & Groom will assume all liabilities for safe alcohol consumption.
Wedding Reception Guidelines
ERPC welcomes you to consider hosting your reception or rehearsal dinner at the church. Our Fellowship Hall is equipped with a restaurant quality kitchen facility, and has sound and video capabilities. Pre-approved alcoholic beverages are allowed, as described in Alcoholic Beverages Guidelines. Fellowship Hall & Lawn fees include the use of the facility for 4 hours. All receptions must conclude no later than 10:00 pm. Outside vendors are permitted, and must be approved and meet with the Wedding Coordinator for introduction to the kitchen facilities. Additional decorations are the responsibility of the Bride and Groom and must be approved. All decorations must be removed after the Reception, at the discretion of the Wedding Steward.
The church has 67 White Folding Chairs
30 Wooden Folding Chairs
9 White Rectangular Tables – can seat 6 to 8 comfortably
5 Round Tables – can seat 6 – 8 comfortably
A 40’ x 100’ tent will fit the Church Lawn for up to 400 people, for just seating. Having a stage, dance floor, buffet and bar areas would seat less people. A 30’x30’ tent, extending onto the lawn, will fit the patio, seating 90 at 60” round tables. See the attached diagram of the Fellowship Hall with 60” rounds seating 100 people. (Capacity numbers & set up diagram provided by Alpine Party Rentals)
An organ and piano are available in the Sanctuary. Len Rhodes, Director of Music will handle and approve all music request.
Audio/Visual equipment is available for the Wedding Ceremony, with operation done by an approved ERPC technician. The fee for the technician is $25.00 per hour.
Wedding Vendor List Ideas:
Delivery 2x daily....valley's only naturally cool wine cellar.......3 sommeliers on staff
Ben Dodds Photography
[email protected] www.bendodds.com 612.239.8219
Michelle J. Cahill, Mary Kay Independent Sales Director Advanced Color Consultant
I offer professional makeup application services and lessons for all occasions. Complete wedding party skin care and makeup, including Mothers of the Bride & Groom, prior to and the day of the wedding.
Personal chef & private events, specializing in rehearsal dinners & post-wedding brunches
Barb Layman, Mary Kay Independent Sales Director Advanced Color Consultant
I offer facials, makeovers, and makeup application techniques. Everything skin care and makeup for your big day, for your bridesmaids, and moms.
Cyrstal “CJ” Jay
Household Staffing: Managers, butlers, personal assistants, chefs
Nannies & Sitters: nannies, nanny managers, baby stitters, hotel childcare (in-room), special events
Specializing in wedding cakes and special occasion cakes
Events & Wedding Coordinator
My mission is to bring a fresh new approach to event planning in The Vail Valley. I plan all events, period. It doesn’t matter how big or small, what the budget is, or how out of the box the vision. As long as you’re excited about it, then I’d love to be a part of it!
877-729-2715 ext 1137
www.tapsnap1137.smugmug.comTapSnap is a high-tech, digital, open-air photo kiosk. Your guests can take high-quality photos and make them their own, adding digital props, green screen backgrounds and personal messages with the touch of a fingertip. Then they can share their creations instantly to their Facebook and Twitter profiles, email the photos to themselves or others and print their photos out on high quality photo paper. It‟s fully customizable and ready for your wedding reception.
West Vail Liquor Mart
2151 N. Frontage Road W., Vail CO 81657
email: [email protected]
West Vail Liquor Mart offers the Vail Valley‟s largest selection of beer, wine and spirits. Friendly and helpful salespeople will make your shopping experience easy and enjoyable. We offer custom event planning with a focus on value and service.